Saturday, September 18, 2010

May 9, 2010 MOTHERS DAY

So the night before mothers day as Clay and I are going to bed he looks at me and very smugly says:
"You are never going to be able to guess what I got you for Mothers Day!"The jerk, he had to say it right before we lay down to bed, so then I just lay there thinking about it. Took me forever to fall asleep. So the next morning as I'm sleeping in, (what moms are suppose to do on mothers day right?) I hear some thumping and bumping going on in the living room along with a whole lot of giggles. Curious, but not wanting to ruin any surprised, I stay in bed and "pretend" to sleep some more. Finally I get told that I can come out and what do I find?

A CANOE IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!

Really wish I had gotten a picture of that. It barely fit.
Apparently Clay was driving home and saw a free sign stuck to it. Needless to say, there was no way I would have guessed a canoe for Mother's Day! We still don't know if it even floats, because the lake we went to had been drained for work to make a white water park. Girls were a little bummed. We still haven't taken out the canoe, but really, who else can say they got a canoe for mothers day? and a free one at that? :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That has to be the best Mother's Day story ever! I love it! I can't believe they got it home without you seeing it and even more impressive, in your living room! Good job Clay!

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

AND YOU HAVEN'T USED IT!?! I thought for sure you'd taken it out on the Boise... fun story!